Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot execute extended stored procedure?

I've written an extended stored procedure using VS 2005/C++. The sp can be
added and executed on my local SQL Server 2000. However, after I copied to
production server. I can sp_addextendedproc it but executing shows error:
Msg 0, Level 16, State 0, Procedure xp_calc, Line 1
Cannot load the DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\Binn\XPDLLs\xp_calc.dll, or one of the DLLs it references.
Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.)
I remember I need to copy some C++ runtime(?) dll to the server when I was
using VS 2003. Which files are needed for VS2005?
Thanks,nick (nick@.discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> I've written an extended stored procedure using VS 2005/C++. The sp can be
> added and executed on my local SQL Server 2000. However, after I copied to
> production server. I can sp_addextendedproc it but executing shows error:
> Msg 0, Level 16, State 0, Procedure xp_calc, Line 1
> Cannot load the DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\80\Tools\Binn\XPDLLs\xp_calc.dll, or one of the DLLs it references.
> Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.)
> I remember I need to copy some C++ runtime(?) dll to the server when I was
> using VS 2003. Which files are needed for VS2005?
That would be MSVCR80.DLL.
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se
Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...oads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodin...ions/books.mspx|||You can find the dependent DLLs using "Dependency Walker"
which can be downloaded from the Microsoft website
or from here
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment