Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannot drag and drop ReportViewer

Hi,
I have recently got started on Reporting Services using the excellent book
by Mr. Teo Lachev as reference. I am stuck, however, on the use of the
ReportViewer Server Control.
I compiled the project that was located in the SQL Server folder, and then
added the .dll server control component in the Visual Studio Toolbox. All
this I followed the book and also the Readme file that came with this sample
application. When I try to use it at design-time, however, I am not able to
drag and drop the control on to the WebForm. I am not sure what is wrong, and
I have the feeling that there's some configuration problem on my part
(again).
There is another puzzle I cannot solve and seems to be already discussed
many times in the discussion group. It is the RepeatWith property that you
are supposed to be able to set for controls such as textboxes and rectangles.
Is it true that it is a bug? If so, does anybody know whether an update or a
hotfix will be available anytime soon?
Thank you.Hi Rabbit:
Do you have an error message when you try to drop the control, or do
you get the circle indicating you cannot drop it?
--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com/
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:39:07 -0700, "RabbitBike"
<RabbitBike@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>I have recently got started on Reporting Services using the excellent book
>by Mr. Teo Lachev as reference. I am stuck, however, on the use of the
>ReportViewer Server Control.
>I compiled the project that was located in the SQL Server folder, and then
>added the .dll server control component in the Visual Studio Toolbox. All
>this I followed the book and also the Readme file that came with this sample
>application. When I try to use it at design-time, however, I am not able to
>drag and drop the control on to the WebForm. I am not sure what is wrong, and
>I have the feeling that there's some configuration problem on my part
>(again).
>There is another puzzle I cannot solve and seems to be already discussed
>many times in the discussion group. It is the RepeatWith property that you
>are supposed to be able to set for controls such as textboxes and rectangles.
>Is it true that it is a bug? If so, does anybody know whether an update or a
>hotfix will be available anytime soon?
>Thank you.|||Thanks for the reply.
No, I do not get an error message. Yes, I get the black circle.
"Scott Allen" wrote:
> Hi Rabbit:
> Do you have an error message when you try to drop the control, or do
> you get the circle indicating you cannot drop it?
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com/
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:39:07 -0700, "RabbitBike"
> <RabbitBike@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have recently got started on Reporting Services using the excellent book
> >by Mr. Teo Lachev as reference. I am stuck, however, on the use of the
> >ReportViewer Server Control.
> >
> >I compiled the project that was located in the SQL Server folder, and then
> >added the .dll server control component in the Visual Studio Toolbox. All
> >this I followed the book and also the Readme file that came with this sample
> >application. When I try to use it at design-time, however, I am not able to
> >drag and drop the control on to the WebForm. I am not sure what is wrong, and
> >I have the feeling that there's some configuration problem on my part
> >(again).
> >
> >There is another puzzle I cannot solve and seems to be already discussed
> >many times in the discussion group. It is the RepeatWith property that you
> >are supposed to be able to set for controls such as textboxes and rectangles.
> >Is it true that it is a bug? If so, does anybody know whether an update or a
> >hotfix will be available anytime soon?
> >
> >Thank you.
>|||Thanks for the kudos!
So, can you drag another control onto the web form? The web form has to be
open in design mode. If this doesn't help, you can just copy and paste the
the control declarations which you can find by switching to the page HTML
view.
--
Hope this helps.
----
Teo Lachev, MVP [SQL Server], MCSD, MCT
Author: "Microsoft Reporting Services in Action"
Publisher website: http://www.manning.com/lachev
Buy it from Amazon.com: http://shrinkster.com/eq
Home page and blog: http://www.prologika.com/
----
"RabbitBike" <RabbitBike@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EA30F92D-3746-4092-AD5E-96605D64C167@.microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the reply.
> No, I do not get an error message. Yes, I get the black circle.
>
> "Scott Allen" wrote:
> > Hi Rabbit:
> >
> > Do you have an error message when you try to drop the control, or do
> > you get the circle indicating you cannot drop it?
> >
> > --
> > Scott
> > http://www.OdeToCode.com/
> >
> > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:39:07 -0700, "RabbitBike"
> > <RabbitBike@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I have recently got started on Reporting Services using the excellent
book
> > >by Mr. Teo Lachev as reference. I am stuck, however, on the use of the
> > >ReportViewer Server Control.
> > >
> > >I compiled the project that was located in the SQL Server folder, and
then
> > >added the .dll server control component in the Visual Studio Toolbox.
All
> > >this I followed the book and also the Readme file that came with this
sample
> > >application. When I try to use it at design-time, however, I am not
able to
> > >drag and drop the control on to the WebForm. I am not sure what is
wrong, and
> > >I have the feeling that there's some configuration problem on my part
> > >(again).
> > >
> > >There is another puzzle I cannot solve and seems to be already
discussed
> > >many times in the discussion group. It is the RepeatWith property that
you
> > >are supposed to be able to set for controls such as textboxes and
rectangles.
> > >Is it true that it is a bug? If so, does anybody know whether an update
or a
> > >hotfix will be available anytime soon?
> > >
> > >Thank you.
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment