Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot enable the Service Broker

When I try to enable the Service Broker I receive the following error message:
Cannot enable the Service Broker in database "msdb" because the Service
Broker GUID in the database (01F9916A-21C0-4EA1-A555-A9C7A020C718) does not
match the one in sys.databases (A7B475E6-5781-4FC2-B1E0-B0EF17FFE942).
ALTER DATABASE statement failed. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 9776)
So as far as I can understand in the MSDB database the Service Broker GUID
is different from the one in the table sys.databases.
Is there a possibility to correct this so I will be able to enable the
Service Broker?
I want to enable it so I can configure the email part on this SQL server.
If the GUID itself can not be changed is there a way to rebuild the MSDB
database?
Thanks for the info,
LimmerTry:
ALTER DATABASE MSDB SET NEW_BROKER
If SQL Agent is running, you will have to shut it down or this will hang.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
"Limmer" <Limmer@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:71240018-A03C-4F0D-830A-537F95BBB662@.microsoft.com...
> When I try to enable the Service Broker I receive the following error
> message:
> Cannot enable the Service Broker in database "msdb" because the Service
> Broker GUID in the database (01F9916A-21C0-4EA1-A555-A9C7A020C718) does
> not
> match the one in sys.databases (A7B475E6-5781-4FC2-B1E0-B0EF17FFE942).
> ALTER DATABASE statement failed. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 9776)
> So as far as I can understand in the MSDB database the Service Broker GUID
> is different from the one in the table sys.databases.
> Is there a possibility to correct this so I will be able to enable the
> Service Broker?
> I want to enable it so I can configure the email part on this SQL server.
> If the GUID itself can not be changed is there a way to rebuild the MSDB
> database?
> Thanks for the info,
> Limmer
>|||Thanks Roger,
This did the trick.
Limmer
"Roger Wolter[MSFT]" wrote:
> Try:
> ALTER DATABASE MSDB SET NEW_BROKER
> If SQL Agent is running, you will have to shut it down or this will hang.
>
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> "Limmer" <Limmer@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:71240018-A03C-4F0D-830A-537F95BBB662@.microsoft.com...
> > When I try to enable the Service Broker I receive the following error
> > message:
> >
> > Cannot enable the Service Broker in database "msdb" because the Service
> > Broker GUID in the database (01F9916A-21C0-4EA1-A555-A9C7A020C718) does
> > not
> > match the one in sys.databases (A7B475E6-5781-4FC2-B1E0-B0EF17FFE942).
> > ALTER DATABASE statement failed. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 9776)
> >
> > So as far as I can understand in the MSDB database the Service Broker GUID
> > is different from the one in the table sys.databases.
> > Is there a possibility to correct this so I will be able to enable the
> > Service Broker?
> > I want to enable it so I can configure the email part on this SQL server.
> >
> > If the GUID itself can not be changed is there a way to rebuild the MSDB
> > database?
> >
> > Thanks for the info,
> > Limmer
> >
>
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment