Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannot drop database 'Tara' because it is being used for replicati

One of our critical databases that is part of a log shipping-like set up is
corrupt. This happened while doing a full DEb restore. DB was showing status
'Loading/Suspect' for about 5 hours. However, restore job has failed, and
nothing is attempting to restore it. I am unable to get get any information
of the DB via Query Analyzer or Enterprise Manager.
I need to drop this DB and recreate it, but I am unable to do any
drop/delete operation on this DB as well.
About an hour ago, I stoped the SQL Server, and deleted the .mdf and .ldf
files from the physical location. When I start the SQL Server back up, the DB
is still visible, and I am not able to do anything with it.
When I try to drop the database I get following error.
"Cannot drop database 'Tara' because it is being used for replication." We
don't have any replicaiton set up going on at all.
IF I do sp_helpDB it gives me following message
No permission to access database 'Tara'. I am logged on as sa.
Anyone knows what is going on hear?
Thank you
BlueFish
use master
go
exec sp_removedbreplication 'Tara'
go
drop database 'Tara'
Geoff N. Hiten
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
"bluefish" <bluefish@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CB38AC55-B701-4CA0-88A1-3A2706D8933B@.microsoft.com...
> One of our critical databases that is part of a log shipping-like set up
> is
> corrupt. This happened while doing a full DEb restore. DB was showing
> status
> 'Loading/Suspect' for about 5 hours. However, restore job has failed,
> and
> nothing is attempting to restore it. I am unable to get get any
> information
> of the DB via Query Analyzer or Enterprise Manager.
> I need to drop this DB and recreate it, but I am unable to do any
> drop/delete operation on this DB as well.
> About an hour ago, I stoped the SQL Server, and deleted the .mdf and .ldf
> files from the physical location. When I start the SQL Server back up, the
> DB
> is still visible, and I am not able to do anything with it.
> When I try to drop the database I get following error.
> "Cannot drop database 'Tara' because it is being used for replication." We
> don't have any replicaiton set up going on at all.
>
> IF I do sp_helpDB it gives me following message
> No permission to access database 'Tara'. I am logged on as sa.
>
> Anyone knows what is going on hear?
> Thank you
> BlueFish
>
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment