Tuesday, March 27, 2012

cannot edit this cell

when I fetch recods via enterprise manager and try to insert new
record I get the following error
"cannot edit this cell" but when I use "query analyzer" using T-sql commands I can execute DML operations .

it seems that there is no problem in the permissions ,I can not understand what is the problem .

can any one please help me it is very urgent since the problem is in one
of our production databases.

note that I use sql server 2000Your description does not sound this complicated - but check out the following article:

article (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q288969&)|||Maybe the cell in the column is defined as an Identity column?|||give the sp_help 'tablename' and see the owner of the table may be it is the owners name through whch ur not entering to the table .

No comments:

Post a Comment