Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot edit SQL Job in Management Studio.

Hello,

In SQL Management Studio, I cannot edit a SQL Job. When I double-click on a sql job or select properties on the context menu, I get a "New Job" window. This was working fine a few days back. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashish.

What happens when you right click and select properties on the job?|||Try installing SQL Server 2005 SP2 on the client. This should solve your problem.|||

I installed SP2 on the client. It didn't help. Thanks for replying back to my post.

Also, we have 3 other developers in the team who are having the same problem.

|||

Thanks for your reply. When I right-click and select properties, I still get the "New Job" window.

|||It could be an issues with SQL tools, have you tried accessing the same job from another client's machine.|||

Hi Satya,

Thanks for your reply. I tried editing the sql job from another computer. I was able to edit it. I know it's issue with the client tools, but cannot figure out to resolve the problem. I installed SP2 on the client side. That also didn't help.

|||You may need to uninstall the client tools, and reinstall them, and also add SP2 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment