Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot edit RS reports...!

I'm new at using RS, so please bear with me...
I need to make small changes to existing reports. I'm able to execute
the reports and view the report list through the Report Manager, but I
don't ge the "Edit" options for the reports.
What security options must I have to be able to edit the reports?
Also, are the RDLs stored in the Catalog table? I ask because I can't
find an RDL on the report server to save my life...
Thanks!The edit button allows saving the RDL out to a file. Then you use the
designer to modify it and then deploy it back to the server. You should
install the designer on your local machine.
Are you getting prompted for a place to save the file when you click on the
edit button. If not then it is a security issue and you need to be added to
the appropriate role in Reporting Services.
RS stores the RDL in the database but you should not go directly against the
database. I haven't bothered to look but I doubt if it is in a readable
format anyway.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Kerc" <jkercado@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1128533548.040646.285220@.g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I'm new at using RS, so please bear with me...
> I need to make small changes to existing reports. I'm able to execute
> the reports and view the report list through the Report Manager, but I
> don't ge the "Edit" options for the reports.
> What security options must I have to be able to edit the reports?
> Also, are the RDLs stored in the Catalog table? I ask because I can't
> find an RDL on the report server to save my life...
> Thanks!
>|||I'm not getting the "Edit" button...I just get the "General" tab with
the information...That's why I asked about security settings, something
is preventing me from getting the report source.|||When you click on properties you say you see the General tab. There should
be a section on that page that says Report Definition and has a link that
says Edit.
You have to click on the report (i.e. one by one) and then do properties for
that repor. You cannot do a whole directory.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Kerc" <jkercado@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1128538895.020947.111580@.f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I'm not getting the "Edit" button...I just get the "General" tab with
> the information...That's why I asked about security settings, something
> is preventing me from getting the report source.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment