Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cannot drop database (hanging in loading and marked for replication)

Hi
I have restored a database to the same instance as it was backup, but as a
copy of the original database (I need a couple of Stored Procedures), but
while restoring the database is to hanging with (Loading).
I've tried to drop the database but it says that it cannot be dropped
because it is marked for replication, I've then tried to drop the
replication on the database but it can't, it says that the database cannot
be opened because it is in the middle of a restore.
What to do? I'm pretty stuck...
I've running SQL Server 2000 on a windows 2003 server SP1, the database is
less than 100MB in size.
-Kim
I was having the same problem restoring my database (without replication
issue) and it's stuck loading for an hour, so stoped SQL Server and removed
that datbase mdf and log files..
Then restarted my server and run mentanance task (optmizing & fix intgerity)
on master database..
Then restore my database from the backup
it finished in less than a minute.
"Kim" <webdrift_nospam_@.carlbro.dk> wrote in message
news:43f6ec88$1@.news.carlbro.dk...
> Hi
> I have restored a database to the same instance as it was backup, but as a
> copy of the original database (I need a couple of Stored Procedures), but
> while restoring the database is to hanging with (Loading).
> I've tried to drop the database but it says that it cannot be dropped
> because it is marked for replication, I've then tried to drop the
> replication on the database but it can't, it says that the database cannot
> be opened because it is in the middle of a restore.
> What to do? I'm pretty stuck...
> I've running SQL Server 2000 on a windows 2003 server SP1, the database is
> less than 100MB in size.
> -Kim
>
|||Hi,
I've removed the psysical files as suggested and runned the maintenance task
"check database integrity" on master (couldn't find optimize + fix
integrity).
This hasn't removed the entry from the enterprise manager... should I make
a new restore and then remove the entry ? (I don't need to restore it
anymore)
-KIm
"Islamegy" <NULL_Islamegy_NULL@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ummPctJNGHA.532@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I was having the same problem restoring my database (without replication
>issue) and it's stuck loading for an hour, so stoped SQL Server and removed
>that datbase mdf and log files..
> Then restarted my server and run mentanance task (optmizing & fix
> intgerity) on master database..
> Then restore my database from the backup
> it finished in less than a minute.
> "Kim" <webdrift_nospam_@.carlbro.dk> wrote in message
> news:43f6ec88$1@.news.carlbro.dk...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment