Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cannot DTS connect to SQL Server 2005

I have installed SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 on my PC. When I try to make a
connection to it from the DTS environment, I get following error:

=============================================
Could not get server list. (DTS Import/Export Wizard)
=============================================
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access
denied. (Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)
------------

Making a connection from within SQL Server Management Studio works fine.
If I try to connect from within a .NET program using SQLConnection, it
fails on the conn.Open() call. But SQL Server Management Studio works
fine.

Has anyone run into this? Could someone please help?

RobIf it works from one application but not from another, then I would
guess that it's an incorrect connection string, the wrong
authentication mode or something similar. There are connection string
samples here:

http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

And this KB article covers possible reasons for the error:

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...306&Product=sql

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment